Employment Opportunities at Main Line Unitarian Church
Child Care Coordinator Job Description
May 5, 2015
The Child Care Coordinator is responsible for coordination of child care for Main Line Unitarian Church, including nursery coverage for all Sunday mornings and Christmas Eve, and childcare for children from nursery through elementary during other church programming and special events. Sunday mornings serves as a supervisor and as a child care provider in the nursery. As part of the Religious Education Program, the Coordinator reports directly to the Religious Education Professional of the Church.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide coverage for the childcare on Sunday mornings 8:45- 12:30.
- Coordinate the schedule of paid and volunteer childcare providers to be present on Sunday mornings and throughout the week as needed.
- Interact with the Religious Education Staff for scheduling needs.
- Plan activities, games, etc. for Childcare
- Maintain relevant records including attendance, special needs, and parent contact information.
- Manage the child care staffing, including the recruitment and selection of applicants, and maintain employment information.
- Provide training program for child care workers as needed but at least once per year.
- Maintain supplies, resources, and snack items, in coordination with the RE Assistant.
- Report any incidents and files, when necessary, on Incident Report Form.
- Review workers’ vouchers for accuracy and submit for payment.
- Implement relevant aspects of the MLUC Safety Policy.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of the Infant and Toddler Rooms, working with the Facilities staff as needed.
• Experience providing child care and/or working with infants and toddlers
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to interact well with children and respond to the needs of the parents and volunteers in a service oriented environment.
• Holds a current certification in First aid/CPR
• Familiarity with the church, church school program.
• Familiar with Pennsylvania Statutes regarding child abuse reporting procedures.
• Compliance with requirements of Safe Congregation policy
Education: High School diploma
Reports to: Religious Education Professional (Currently the Developmental Minister for Religious Education).
Supervises: Child care workers
Hours per week: 5/varies
Benefits eligible: No
Physical requirements: Must be able to lift up to 25#, bend and play with small children.